MALARIA PREVENTION, CONTROL AND MANAGEMENT
This course was designed in order to provide health workers with knowledge, skills, practice and attitudes on malaria prevention and control. It provides simple diagnostic and treatment guidelines, and is offered by the African Medical Research Foundation (AMREF).
The course units can be downloaded in MSWindows (DOC) and Open Office Document (ODT) formats below.
© 2007 African Medical Research Foundation (AMREF)
This course is distributed under the Creative Common Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license. Any part of this unit including the illustrations may be copied, reproduced or adapted to meet the needs of local health workers, for teaching purposes, provided proper citation is accorded AMREF. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same, similar or a compatible license. AMREF would be grateful to learn how you are using this course and welcomes constructive comments and suggestions. Please address any correspondence to:
The African Medical and Research Foundation (AMREF)
Directorate of Learning Systems
PO Box 27691 - 00506, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 (20) 6993000
Fax: +254 (20) 609518
Introduction to the Course
- Unit 1: About Malaria
- Unit 2: Clinical Assessment of Malaria
- Unit 3: Severe and Complicated Malaria
- Unit 4: Treatment of Malaria
- Unit 5: Treatment Defaults in Malaria
- Unit 6: Referral in Severe and Complicated Malaria
- Unit 7: Malaria in Pregnancy
- Unit 8: Prevention and Control of Malaria
- Unit 9: Community Based Management of Fever and Malaria in Children
- Unit 10: HIV/AIDS and Malaria
- Unit 11: Counselling and Health Education on Malaria
- Unit 12: Malaria Surveillance
Enrol in this course through the African Medical Research Foundation Distance Education Programme. Learners pay a small fee to participate in this course.